Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Zombies Beware!

Early on in my Christian walk I used to have a bizarre recurring dream.  A kind of Night Mare on Hard Scrabble Street.  This dream must have taken place before I was thirteen when I quit church for a job.  Or perhaps it was when in my late teens when God brought me back to Himself.  Now I’m not so sure.  In the dream I know I was young.
I was at my aunt’s house where I often spent time as a pre-teen.  While there alone, in the front yard, approaching the house, I would find myself being followed and surrounded by Zombie like figures, they would be coming from every direction.  Slowly approaching from every quarter; Arms out, slow monotonous steps, eyes sunken in, I almost think there was a continuous drone or hum that came from their throats.  I was always scared when I dreamed this.  Beyond scared.
As a new Christian I was told of the power that we have “In Jesus Name”.  So in my dream I began to rebuke the foul creatures “In Jesus Name”.  I would say “In Jesus Name” go away!!! “In Jesus Name” leave me alone!!! Nothing happened they kept coming. “I command you “In Jesus Name””…  Still nothing.  Closer.  Closer.  Closer.  Finally as they were breathing down my neck I would pray and cry out in exasperation, “Dear Jesus please help me!”
When I prayed and asked for help, instead of trying to exercise some power in my own strength, then things happened.  All of the Zombies, in cartoon like fashion, would run screaming.  There would be a blur in their wake as they went.  I almost think I heard the rushing wind of their retreat in my dream.  Then I would wake up; Troubled, relieved, sometimes dazed.  The dream happened a lot.  So much so that I thought it was some kind of message from God.
So what did all this mean?  What was my battle against these devilish creatures supposed to signify?  Nothing.  It was a dream.  But I think it reveals a little bit about what was going on in my mind as a new troubled young teen.  I think I had just read a so-called “Christian” comedians fraudulent account about his leaving his role as a satanic high priest and all the bizarre things that supposedly happened to him.  Like a boys chest collapsing as he accidentally fell into the center of a pentagram while his coven was encircling it and chanting.  And like how once when praying, he supposedly was pinned to the floor by invisible devils and it felt to him as though they were gnawing at his wrists and ankles.  He then supposedly cried out in exasperation, “Dear Jesus please help me!” and was relieved of his assault.
Now don’t get me wrong. 
I believe we are battling a very dangerous, unseen, malicious, hateful enemy. 
The devils do not care who they hurt; all they care about is hurting someone. 

They can't get at God's 'throat' so to hurt Him they want to hurt the objects of His love.

 In the book of Job, Satan was going to and fro in the earth, and from walking up and down in it.

Peter says “Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour:” He only intends to do harm.  

I call in question the unmentioned comedians account simply because it was reported that his book and testimony, his entire comedic set was built on a lie.
I also believe that “the eyes of the LORD run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.”
Keep your heart perfect towards Him.  This verse, if you read it in 2 Chronicles 16:9, was a reproof to one who had done foolishly.  Nevertheless “the eyes of the LORD DO run to and fro throughout the whole earth, to shew himself strong in the behalf of them whose heart is perfect toward him.”
Keep your heart perfect toward Him.  Obey His lead.  Be not afraid.
“He must increase, WE must decrease!”
I haven’t had this dream in a very long time;
God straightened out my doctrine
and
is removing daily false assumptions and superstitions. 
We will prevail.  Zombies beware!

No comments:

Post a Comment