Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Slow on the Uptake


My last name DILL means Descendant of Dill or Dila (The Dull One), another definition is Son of Dullard. (According to the New Dictionary of American Family Names.)

As I mentioned in other Blog entries,
 I am a production worker,
and on the days that I work,
if everything runs well, 
I basically have twelve hours to kill. 
I do periodic tests,
add a few raw materials to my line,
and think ….

(I pray, plan, meditate on His promises ~ IF YOU HAVE A PRESSING PRAYER NEED ~ AN URGENT MATTER OF LIFE AND DEATH ~ A SOUL ON THE ‘EDGE’ OF RECEIVING OR LEAVING MATTER ~ inbox my Facebook message box with a brief prayer request and know that I will be praying about it for you.) 

Sometimes, during my time at work, I like to plug words into Microsoft Excel Thesuarus to get a few new synonyms for my 'collection'.

I tried: Dullard and Dolt and got nothing for results.

Then I tried Dull: there we go! stupid, thick, unintelligent, dense, slow, dim-witted, obtuse...

and then I Had to Laugh, also listed was... "slow on the uptake"...

That's it.  If someone asks what my name means I will tell them it means Son of Dila (the dull one).
It means,... 
um,...
I'm,...
well,...
slow on the uptake, that explains a lot!

Funny Huh?
(Unless you're a Dill
and you lost your sense of humor
behind your sense of pride.)

I also tried: "follower" and got admirer,
adherent, disciple, devotee,
fan, and get this...

a "hanger-on".

 If you are a disciple of, a believer in, a follower of, Jesus Christ and you are going through something that seems impossible to get through... "hang-on". Jesus said He would never, never leave you and never, never forsake you. 

After twenty-two years of living in the light of His promises I can honestly say He has never let me down. Though I have "let Him down" too many times to count.  And though you may "let Him down" from time to time, He will not let you down.

In all reality He knows our "up rising and our down sitting, and He knows our thoughts afar off." (from Psalm 139) Because He knows before hand our actions and thoughts, and because He knows the stuff we're made of, it is impossible really for us, those who trust in Him, to "let Him down", rather it is He who waits to "hold us up" and to show Himself strong on our behalf. 

Hang on, don't give up, don't quit... He will not let you down.

Call out to Him. If sin is keeping you from Him, agree with Him that it is sin and call out to Him.  He is faithful and just to forgive it and to clean you up again.  Humble yourself, put Him first...

If there is no sin and your conscience is clear... keep hanging on, He will not allow you to be tested in a greater way than you are prepared to handle.  Continue to praise Him even when it is most difficult to do so...

"He must increase, WE must decrease!"

No comments:

Post a Comment