Sunday, July 24, 2011

A Black Man is my Brother

You mean, “A Christian black man is your Christian brother, Don’t you?” No. I mean a black man is my brother. And an Asian man is my brother, and a French man is my brother, and an Italian man is my brother too.  The Apostle Paul, while standing on Mars Hill and speaking to the men of Athens, said that God “made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth,” (Acts 17:26 KJV).  We are all descendants of Adam, and we are all descendants of Noah, we are all of one blood.  You can ask a geneticist why we have different races in the human race.  I am sure he/she can give you an acceptable answer.
I used to get more than slightly offended (in my days of Pharisee-ism) when someone at work or elsewhere, who named the name of Christ, but didn’t walk as He walked, would call me brother.  I would think, “You’re not my brother!” but the truth of the matter is that he is.  So are the in-your-face homosexuals I used to work with, and the man who while under the influence of alcohol smashed up my car, and the lawyers who helped OJ Simpson, and OJ, and the IRS agent downtown who seems to lack compassion. They are all my brothers and sisters. That is to say, as part of the Human ‘family’ they are of one blood with me.  Perhaps you don’t like this but it is nevertheless true.
Now, that is not to say that they are my Christian brothers and sisters. The bible says “For ye are all the children of God by faith in Christ Jesus.” (Gal 3:26 KJV) and Jesus said “Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.  That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit.  Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again.” (John 3:5-7 KJV)
As I looked into the eyes of my friend McKinley at church this morning and talked to him and his wife Belinda I did not see a black couple.  The color of their skin did not but come as an afterthought.  I saw my Christian brother and my Christian sister, and I saw two people who were also part of the 'universal brotherhood' of mankind.  In your dealings with people; both good people and not so nice people do you see them, and treat them, as brothers and sisters.  Jesus said you should.  In fact not only did He say we should do this, he also walked His talk, He demonstrated His love for all mankind when He laid down His life for all their , all our sins.
Rom 5:6-8 says “For when we were yet without strength, in due time Christ died for the ungodly.  For scarcely for a righteous man will one die: yet peradventure for a good man some would even dare to die.  But God ‘demonstrated’ his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
The Bible says we are supposed to do good unto ALL men, then it says especially those who are of the household of faith.  So I ask again, In your dealings with people; both good people and not so nice people, and people of all ethnic origins, do you see them, and treat them, as brothers and sisters.  Jesus said you should. 
"And they sung a new song, saying, Thou art worthy to take the book, and to open the seals thereof: for thou wast slain, and hast redeemed us to God by thy blood out of every kindred, and tongue, and people, and nation;"  Nations is the Greek 'ethnos' from which we get the English 'ethnic'.  All who are born again are born of one Spirit.  We are brothers.



“He must increase, WE must decrease!” and we must honor Him by loving ALL others indiscriminately and without exception.  Obviously, if they are unbelievers, if they are in any danger, eternal or otherwise, we would not be loving them if we didn't find a way to warn them. 

Are they in any danger? See my post "WHO IN HELL CARES?!?!" To Share This or Any of these stories simply click on any of the links below. Stay Humble... Stay Free!

No comments:

Post a Comment