Monday, November 7, 2011

True Blue



In the not too distant past I was in a certain office discussing certain circumstances with a colleague that revolved around certain people and their actions towards others.  I had made the comment that "none of what we thought really mattered because soon enough we would see true blue." 

(For those readers in foreign lands not familiar with the term 'true blue' it is used to describe honesty, integrity, goodness within; even though circumstances or behavior may suggest otherwise.)

 I clarified my comment to my colleague by saying, "what I mean is that in the not too distant future we will all stand before the Lord and give an account for the things that we have done and the idle words that we have spoken.  Then and only then will our true colors show."  True blue will be clothed in white because of the red blood of our Savior.  Any other colors, any other banners we have unfurled and waved in the faces of others, those individuals with self serving motives may find themselves clothed in rags.

“For we must all appear before the judgment seat of Christ; that every one may receive the things done in his body, according to that he hath done, whether it be good or bad.”

(2 Corinthians 5:10)
In the not too distant future we will all stand before the Lord and give an account for the things that we have done and the idle words that we have spoken.  Then and only then will our true colors show.
Let us pray with David,

“Search me, O God,
and know my heart:

try me,
and know my thoughts:

And see if there be any wicked way in me,
and lead me in the way everlasting.”

(Psalm 139:23-24)

For truly He already has searched us.

 “LORD, thou hast searched me, and known me.”
(Ps. 139:1)

One day the All-knowing Judge will sit before His servants and reward them for the deeds done while here in this mortal, eternally expectant life.

“Wherefore, beloved, seeing that ye look for such things, be diligent that ye may be found of him in peace, without spot, and blameless.” (2 Peter 3:14)

Look to yourselves, that we lose not those things which we have wrought, but that we receive a full reward. (2 John 1:8)

If we exalt ourselves we will be surprised in that day, if we lift Him up, we will be overjoyed.

“He must increase, WE must decrease!”

No comments:

Post a Comment