Thursday, November 10, 2011

The Stretch Break

When I start my workday each day I am allowed a few moments of prayer before I even start my work. Actually, anytime I want to I can stop what I'm doing and pray.  It's a wonderful privilege most people don't know they can take advantage of.  It's called the 'stretch break'.

I start with my hands stretched for the ceiling... and also in my mind I reach towards the heavens.  With open palms I pray "LORD, I come before You with open hands, needy, with nothing to offer accept my praise."

Then I bow low to the ground and touch the floor... praying, "LORD, I bow to You and You alone.  You alone are God and I will not fear the circumstances of the day, I will not fear what man can do or say to or against me.  I bow to You and You alone."

Then I do it a few more times. Stretching to the heavens... Bowing in adoration before my God.

On the last bow I stretch toward my left foot... "God, I will follow Your Word, Your precepts and commands.  I will not turn to the left... nor to the right. (as I move to stretch to the right foot.) I will walk in Your ways."

Then while reaching over my head and stretching my triceps I lean to one side, then the other stretching the side muscles in my abdomen. "LORD, they pierced Your side. I humble myself before You.  You do with me as you see fit.  I expose my vulnerable sides to You and willingly accept what You will do unto me."


As I stretch my hands, first with clenched fists I pray, "God, I hold onto things to tightly. I don't want to do this anymore." Then releasing my grip with open palms again "I release it all to You."

Then with clenched fists again, "I lay hold on Eternal Life, I will cling to You, hold onto You and nothing else besides."...  "Help me to let go of all my silly little idols and ideas." As I release my grip.


It's "The Stretch Break".

So anytime during the day,
I have a company approved opportunity to pray.

When I'm stressed out. 
If I'm tired.  
If I am overjoyed in His presence. 
I pray.  And I walk in His ways.

As I do this... He increases my love, my joy, my peace, my concern for my co-workers, and my confidence that with God, All things are possible. And physically speaking... I feel healthier too.

"He must increase... WE must decrease!"


Take a break or two today to stop and pray, so often we pray on the go.  Give our God the attentiveness He so deserves.  His all attentive ear is open to our prayers if we come before His throne humbly, with clean hands and a pure heart, through the blood of His sacrifice.




No comments:

Post a Comment