Monday, May 14, 2012

My Cup Runneth Over

As I sat trying to get our growing toddler to take a nap I noticed that her sippy-cup was leaking. I kind of hate those stupid things... It doesn't matter the brand we buy they always seem to leak. The trick is to get the fluid into the untrained mouth without this happening but it occurred to me also that spiritually speaking this sort of thing is supposed to happen.

If you are a newly born-again Christians, that is a person who has recently come to faith in the Lord Jesus Christ and have called on Him and Him alone for your salvation from sin's consequences, if you would be "laying aside all malice, and all guile, and hypocrisies, and envies, and all evil speakings, As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:" (1 Peter 2:1-2) then your cup will run over too.

Have you tasted that the Lord is gracious? Then lay aside any personal agenda you may have and dig into the Word of God, as you grow you will also begin to glow. Your light will shine before men, they will see your good works, and will glorify God... they will take note that God is doing a work in you. Your cup will run over.

The Psalmist prayed "Thou preparest a table before me in the presence of mine enemies: thou anointest my head with oil; my cup runneth over. Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of the LORD for ever." (Psalm 23:5-6)

Whether you are a new believer or an aged-saint God will prepare a table for us as we feast on the riches of His grace, He'll anoint our heads with His Spirit, and our cups will run over. We can't help but overflow with joy when we are in this way! Follow hard after goodness and mercy, goodness and mercy will then follow hard after you! And God's glory will increase in and through us!

"He must increase, WE must decrease!"



No comments:

Post a Comment