Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Thy Law Cherished

With my last two posts I contrasted law and grace, and I intend to keep on this track. Contrasting law and grace, and contrasting liberty and sin. With all this talk one might think that I follow the familiar mantra, "We're not under law but under grace!" And while I do believe we are no longer UNDER the law I do not foolishly think to dismiss law. The law is to be our delight, and the fulfilling of the law in Christ is our wellspring of life abundant.
David understood this... "Blessed is the man that walketh not in the counsel of the ungodly, nor standeth in the way of sinners, nor sitteth in the seat of the scornful.
But HIS DELIGHT IS IN THE LAW of the LORD;
and IN HIS LAW DOTH HE MEDITATE day and night.
And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth SHALL PROSPER" Psalm 1:1-3
No I don't think to do away with the law in my blog, just simply to frame it where God intends it to be according to the Word. Jesus is the fulfilling of the Law.
"For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision availeth any thing, nor uncircumcision, but A NEW CREATURE.   And as many as walk according to this rule, peace be on them, and mercy, and upon the Israel of God."
Galatians 6:15-16
As many as walk according to this 'rule'. This word is, kanon, it is often used metaphorically of any rule or standard, a principle or law of investigating, judging, and living, and acting.

No I do not want to dismiss the law, I want to embrace the law in the context of faith.
As James put it...
James 2:10-13 KJV
"For whosoever shall keep the whole law, and yet offend in one point, he is guilty of all.
11 For he that said, Do not commit adultery, said also, Do not kill. Now if thou commit no adultery, yet if thou kill, thou art become a transgressor of the law.
12 So speak ye, and so do, as they that shall be judged by the law of liberty.
13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment."
I want to understand the law in the context of love,
"Love worketh no ill to his neighbour: therefore love is the fulfilling of the law." Romans 13:10 KJV
How about you?
As for me The Law is Cherished they are Cherished Laws of Life.

No comments:

Post a Comment