Thursday, September 29, 2011

That Good Part

Some days when I attempt to write I can’t.  I have nothing in the forefront of my mind to share.  Perhaps it’s on these days that I need to go drink from the fountains of living water again, and bask in the radiance of Jesus’ transcendent smile.  I need to choose that good part, that will not be taken away from me.

"But Martha was cumbered about much serving,
and came to him (Jesus),
and said, Lord,
dost thou not care
that my sister hath left me
to serve alone?

bid her therefore that she help me.

And Jesus answered and said unto her,
Martha, Martha,
thou art careful and troubled about many things:

But one thing is needful:
and Mary hath chosen that good part,
which shall not be taken away from her."

That good part. What is it?

"And she had a sister called Mary,
which also sat at Jesus' feet,
and heard his word."

(Luke 10:38-42)

The message we believers have to share is not our own as though it were all about us.  Perhaps it’s on days like these, that we need to be reminded that all God really wants is our adoration; for us to meditate on His promises, to rejoice in gratitude for His unspeakable gift of salvation bought by the death of the Only Begotten.

In reality, that’s all He ever wanted from His creation in the first place; our praise and adoration.  He showers us with blessings because He loves us. Isn’t it only right that He gets all of our attentiveness.  And as we look to our resurrected Lord. He then turns our gaze on others; to seek their good and salvation.

I’m going to go read my Bible;

I need something fresh from Heaven. 

“He must increase,
      WE must decrease!”

No comments:

Post a Comment