Monday, August 13, 2012

Kissed by God's Tear


Walking last night in IL after preaching Sunday PM’s service, just spending some time talking to God. There were no stars out, no moon shining, just low lying wispy sort of clouds.

I got tired and it was about midnight so I laid down and looked at the sky. It seemed I was having trouble sensing that the Lord knew where I was, and the sky seemed just like life for me right now, sort of hazy and unclear.

The are
a I am in is in severe drought and all around me the grass was brown and dead. I simply said "Lord I sure would like to know that your eyes are on me right now." I love rain and I said Lord if you could let just a drop come down, I would feel it was a tear from your eye because you do know my name and every tear that I cry.

I walked a few more steps and one drop of rain landed on my lip. I began to tear up myself as I felt I had been kissed by His tear. A few moments more, and many drops came. In the midst of haze above me and the seeming barrenness around me, He cares and He knows my name even as the song says "when I am overwhelmed by the pain, He knows my name.”

~First Posted by Robert Hooker on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment