Thursday, December 29, 2011

OTHERISM

In the 1800's a preacher by the name of Henry Drummond coined the phrase "Otherism", I like that!...
Paul wrote in Romans 7 that “when I would do good, evil is present with me”
And Jeremiah “the heart is deceitful and desperately wicked, who can know it?” (Jer. 17:9)
Consider this: As believers if all we do for others is wrapped up in some innate need, some desire to feel useful to God, or to be right with God, or to be just right in general; so that we can consider ourselves good husbands, or good fathers, or just good humans, then all of our doing is still just primal in nature, it’s still deeply self centered.
Jesus said, “no greater love hath any man than this, that he lay down his life for his friends,”
In that alone is where true selfless, Christ likeness is found, in that alone, in a truly giving of oneself for others is where true spirituality begins.
We need to pray with David, “Search me, and try me, and show me the wicked ways in me, and lead me in the WAY everlasting.”
Help me Father to be as Him;

the WAY, the truth, and the only eternal life.

Help me in humble brokeness for my sin and selfishness

to bow before You and cry out in sincerity for Your glory alone.

"He must increase, WE must decrease!"

No comments:

Post a Comment